Why should you hire a copywriter?
You’re probably wondering why you should pay somebody to do what you’ve been doing since you learned to scrawl your name with a crayon.
There are many reasons:
- A professional copywriter has polished her skills over many years — or in our case — decades of daily practice. Just as you are the expert in your chosen field, a professional copywriter is an expert wordsmith. In our case, our staff members have earned multiple degrees in journalism and creative writing and won hundreds of awards for our writing.
- A copywriter can bring a fresh perspective to your business and often “sees” things that are so commonplace to you that you no longer recognize their importance.
- Rather than hiring a full-time employee or paying your current staff to work overtime to handle your copywriting needs — such as developing or maintaining your web site and writing white papers or sales materials — a contracted copywriter can save your business money. (Not to mention produce a better product.)
- You may know how to run your business, but have no idea how to best describe your products or services so that potential customers and clients will want to do business with you. A good professional copywriter does. Writing fresh, compelling copy that entices them to pick up the phone or click on a link is how we make our living.
- Just as you don’t have time to deliver your own packages, learn the tax code so that you can take advantage of every deduction or code your own web site, you don’t have time to do all of your own copywriting. Perhaps you know that you should be sending out a regular newsletter, blogging or taking advantage of social media applications, but you just don’t have time. You need a copywriter.
- A great copywriter goes beyond using good grammar and spelling — she can help you position your business through the creation of key messaging that will motivate your target audience to act. Writing is not just words on paper — it is thinking on paper. Great copy is strategic, not tactical.
- A professional copywriter who has had extensive experience knows how to take a complex situation, solution or organization and simplify it so that other can understand it. In our case, our staff members are former journalists, trained to do this very thing. We ask the right questions and do our own research before putting putting fingers to keyboard, bringing your subject to life in clear, easy-to-read prose.
- When you invest in a great web or printed material design, you need great copy to complete the job. You have probably heard that “content is king.” It’s true. The design should serve the content, not the other way around. So it makes no sense to pay a web designer for a kick-butt web design and then load lousy copy that doesn’t serve your business well.
It’s what we do.
Copywriting is the foundation of everything we do at The Buzz Factoree because it is the foundation of great storytelling. We can help you mine your business for the great stories in your business that can then be shaped into many forms to promote your organization:
- press releases
- media pitches
- web site copy
- social media messaging
- email blasts
- online articles for SEO
- printed collaterals (brochures, magazines, newsletters, annual reports, sales materials, posters)
- company histories
Let us know how we can help you with your copywriting needs. Call (757)930-0032 or email us at email@example.com.
Photo: Old keys up close from Laineys Repertoire