We recently discovered a cool site that has multiple useful features if you’re interested in following or contacting the media for PR purposes. It’s called Muck Rack, and it’s a Twitter tool that does any number of things. It:
- captures the tweets of journalists and posts them on the site;
- lists journalists on Twitter by beat and news source and allows you to either follow them individually or en mass;
- lists popular links;
- allows you to subscribe to a daily newspaper of tweets from journalists delivered to your inbox;
- allows you to subscribe to the blog;
- allows you to post pictures and comments.
Perhaps the coolest feature is its press releases. For $1 per character — minimum $50 — you can send a press release tweet to top journalists on Twitter promoting your message in a concise format. Of course you’ll want to include a link to your longer press release, press kits or multimedia on your web site with all the details!